Gillian is on holiday right now and had this to say about today’s prompt. “Right now I’m sitting by the pool in Gozo trying to get my daughter to put on some sun cream which made me think of today’s prompt. 🙂 “
G: You know that song – always wear sunscreen by Baz Lehrman? What 5 things would you have in your version of that song?
P: I didn’t know the song, but I Googled it and added a link on his name (above) so those who don’t know it can listen to it. Even before hearing the lyrics, it sounded like a commencement address to me. Since I’ve given and listened to many such addresses in my academic career, I realized I had heard snippets of this one before. It’s definitely worth sharing.
A few years ago when I graduated into a new decade, I wrote a commencement address of sorts. I called it my Midlife Manifesto and tried my hand at making a video. If you’ve got some headphones handy and 3 minutes to spare, click on the video below to see my version of “always wear sunscreen.”
If you don’t have time right now, no worries. Come back later when you do. In the meantime, here are 5 new ideas to add to the mix.
1) Put your own oxygen mask on first. You can’t save anyone if you aren’t alive.
2) Move at the pace of grace. Don’t just do something, sit there. Go when you know. Act with intention. Do with deliberation. Let grace be your guide.
3) Put your whole self in and shake it all about. Do what you love. Love what you do. You are one thought away from a new perspective. Why not choose the cheerier thought?
4) Always trust your cape. Believe in your Superpowers. “She did not know she could not fly, so she did.”
5) Create. No. Matter. What. You know the drill by now, yes? Begin again. And again. And again.
Want to share your version? Please do so in the comments below. To have Gillian send you daily prompts, email her at www.gillianpearce.com. Thanks for playing the No Matter What Game with us. Gillian sends me prompts each weekday and I do my best to answer them no matter what. I encourage you to do so as well to get your creative juices flowing.